feature requests

Got a suggestion? Post here! We want to know what you want!
punchydc

feature requests

Post by punchydc » Sat May 02, 2009 5:46 pm

1. higher resolution earth map
2. ability to stop the scrolling clock
3. ability to change the clock.. maybe digital
4. option to override the iphone auto lock timeout. Maybe some people just want it sitting on a desk looking pretty!
5. maybe an ability to place a visible marker on top of the map. Similar to a google pin drop. So maybe my parents are in Rome, my sister is in Sydney, and I would like to visually see when both of them are sharing some daylight so I can call or do a conference call. Visual markers on the map will quickly draw my eye to locations I'm interested in. And I don't have to exit out and look at some world clock.
6. if possible, add a + and - button at the bottom that will allow you to advance the display forwards or backwards up to a few hours or so. Then, trying into suggestion #5, I can determine what the status of a day will be like in a few hours.

Glenn L. Austin
Site Admin

Re: feature requests

Post by Glenn L. Austin » Mon May 25, 2009 7:00 pm

We're now just waiting for approval of the new version:

1) Yes, it wil just take a bit of time to get the higher-resolution images generated, though.
2) It will be an option in the next version.
3) We will have an option to make the text bigger, other options in the future.
4) It will be an option in the next version.
5) A very good idea, we'll want to figure out how to deal with time zones per location.
6) A very good idea, we'll want to figure out how to deal with time zones per location.

Getting the higher-resolution image to appear correctly has taken a lot more time that we expected, since there are upper limits to how big an image can be. The highest resolution images that we have available to us can take up to 8 megabytes per image (day, night, and current). That's a bit large for a mobile device to handle -- even at half the size, we're seeing constant "out of memory" issues.